Friday, June 03, 2005

So long Bangkok

I am not back in Botswana with the dry heat, dust, and drab buildings. I would love to say I missed it, but who am I kidding?

I ended up staying in Bangkok for 10 days. It was great and I could see myself living there for a few years. The food was great, obviously plenty of Thai food, but lots of Chinese, Italian, French and other countries as well. Heck, I even tried scorpion on a stick from a road side vendor. My opinion? Try it once, but it was bland, crunchy and not much to talk about it.

I took about 500 pictures at the Grand Palace. I hired a monk as my tour guide and for 15 minutes we discussed the building principles of the temples and how it was made. I guess I just wanted to talk shop for a while....

I ended up also going past the Monk retreat and giving alms for the poor (ok it was about $20 USD worth of rice bowls). Since monks only live on hand outs I thought it was my place to do so since I used their services at the Palace.

All in all it was a good trip. If you get the chance to go I say go for it. And when I have the chance to go back I will!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home