Saturday, January 15, 2005

It's finally here!!!!

So my HHE (house hold effects) finally made it here. They 4 crates arrived on Tuesday morning about 10:00am local time. Theresa said it was like Christmas & her birthday rolled into one. Since its been almost 10 months since we last saw most of the stuff, I had forgotten what we owned.

My tools came in just fine. Surprisingly there was no rust on them. The crates were heavy duty, and the insides were sealed in plastic as well. I was expecting rust city on my table saw, but nothing. Simply amazing!

The movers were fast, logical, and professional. I had to ask them if there were in fact Motswanna (that's what people from Botswana call themselves). They were too dedicated to getting it done fast. Simply amazing!!!

They inventories the boxes with Theresa and then she directed them to the correct room. Once everything was in a room and they finished emptying the crates they proceeded to unpack the rooms. They would lay it out on the floor and you just told them where to put it. Have I mentioned it was Simply amazing?? !!!!!!

My car should be here next week hopefully. Then the staff will get it registered and plates for it. Then I should be all set. All my camping gear got here and I can't wait to go out in the bush....

The heat is staying up pretty high lately, but since I work inside it doesn't really bother me. Plus everyplace has AirCon. (or airconditioning).

Monday is another holiday. Martin Luther King's birthday. I am not sure if I can handle anymore time off!!! It seems that's all we do around here. We catch up from time off, only to get ready to take time off.

Man life is good. No more working like a dog for the man. No more worry about a quarterly number. No working from home, traveling all the time, and worrying.... Life is good




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home