Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Something smells fishy

Ok this is now the 3rd time I will be attempting to post an update. I have to do it at work because I don't have a computer at home yet. (Soon though, maybe by Thursday). The first two times something has prevented me from sending it, like the network goes down or the satellite etc...

I went to the Marine Corp Ball on Saturday. Its a big deal for most Embassies. I enjoyed it actually. They had a good ceremony and the place was nice. It was at a local golf course and outside. The problem with that was it kept on trying to drizzle all night on us. Before we had dinner the staff if lighting speed moved all the tables under the patio and we continued the festivities there.

Theresa left for a conference in Zambia (just to the north of Botswana) on Sunday. It’s about a 3-hour plan ride from here. She said she is enjoying it. Now she gets to see how much "fun" conferences are.

I did get my first haircut here. I wish I had a picture of it (I will next time). The assistant washed my hair for 15 minutes. Then I went to the stylist. He pulls out this HUGE Fro-pick and went to town on my hair. Best hair cut I have had in a long time. It cost me about 65 Pula (about $14) not bad considering I was paying $20 in Bozeman & Washington D.C.

Theresa and I went shopping at the local grocery store and got some BBQ chicken (it was pre-marinated). We brought it home and cooked it up a few days later. I cut into the juicy tender meat and raised it to my mouth. With my mouth salivating I proceeded to place the tasty morsel into my mouth. I stop short, just millimeters away. Something wasn't right.

Indeed something was right, my senses were going into a frenzy. I smelled the chicken, but did not smell chicken at all. I smelled FISH! At that moment, time slowed down.... I slowly turned my head to Theresa and saw here chewing the chicken... noooooooooooo dooooooonnnnn'tttttttt...... (ok work with me here on the "theater of the mind thing").

Theresa spit it out and said it tastes like fish. And here I have been saying my whole life "it tastes like Chicken!!!"

We proceeded to through it away and went out to dinner to a place called the Bull & Bush. Its a local steak house and for the two of us with drinks it costed about $16. And the steak was better then anything in the USA.

Thats it for now.. Questions? Comments? Use the link below..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home